2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to ¼-inch thickness)
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 egg (beaten)
½ cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
vegetable oil (for frying)
½ cup marinara sauce
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a pie dish or shallow plate combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, thyme, parsley, oregano, and paprika. In another pie dish or shallow plate add the flour and in yet another pie dish or shallow plate add the beaten egg. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken first in flour, then dip in the egg, and then dredge in the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture.
Step 2: Heat about ½ inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet to medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until the chicken is browned on one side, flip and cook until browned on the other side (do not cook all the way through). Remove the chicken from the pan and place into a greased oven safe baking dish. Top each chicken breast with marinara sauce.
Step 3: Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). During the last few minutes of cooking top each chicken breast will shredded mozzarella cheese.
(Makes 2 Servings)
- 1 box-mix of your favorite Brownies*
- 1 8-ounce block of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Raspberry Preserves
- Preheat your oven according to your brownie recipe instructions.
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Following the instructions for your brownies, mix the ingredients and pour into the prepared pan.
- In a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 egg. You may need to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to allow the cream cheese to be fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Dollop the mixture over your brownie batter.
- Using a butter-knife, cut the brownie batter into the cream cheese mixture. Drag the knife in a swirling motion from one side of the pan to the other, making sure the knife goes all the way through the batter. Repeat until the two batters have a swirling, “marble” look.
- In a small bowl, measure the raspberry preserves and then stir vigorously with a spoon to thin down the jam.
- Dollop the preserves over the brownie-cream cheese batter and then, with a cleaned knife, swirl the raspberry preserves into the batter.
- Place the pan into your preheated oven and follow the brownie recipe’s guidelines for baking times. Watch carefully toward the end to ensure the cream cheese doesn’t get too browned.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
*I love the Ghiradelli brownie mixes but any will do. You can also use a scratch-recipe.
an epic trilogy
Don’t have tickets to the Festival yet? The Lumineers want to give you some.
Share a photo on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #keepyourheadup or #stubbornlove and you’ll be entered to win a prize from The Lumineers…don’t forget to tag @NewportFolkFest.
The band will pick their favorites and 20 winners will receive the brand-new, “Keep Your Head Up” T-Shirt. 5 winners will receive a Pair of Tickets to a show of their choice*!
House K by Auerbach Halevy Architects & Engineers